Saturday, September 3, 2011

More Genova







These first two villas are a couple more of our neighbors.















This is a view of a portion of Genova from an overlook point (that is actually a decent ways downhill from the Clemson villa)


In Genova, there are several narrow "streets".  







Some are VERY narrow.









And, of course there are several beautiful churches.










This is the front of the church seen in the following picture.




 

If I keep walking (more like urban hiking) around to find these, I might not gain any weight even though I'm eating a decent amount.  (I usually like what the villa's cook prepares for us.)

 I thought this was an interesting place to put this kind of detail.





Although this is one of the more elaborate "paintings" on the facade of a building, several buildings have the image of strong architectural elements with some ornamentation instead of the actual elements.







Here is a portion of the port that a revitalization effort has been put into it.





Here is an old, abandoned port building.  For our studio project, we are to propose a new structure(s) to replace this building and enhance the urban environment in this area.





I may need to stop by here a couple of times.  Gelato when its hot, coffee when I need a little boost of caffeine.  (Illy Gelato...mmmmm)

1 comment: